The big news this morning is the news that Team Durango is disbanding their Pro team to focus on racing at a local level. It’s an unusual move in the industry, and one that I hope pays off for them. However only time will tell if removing the pros from the equation will help or hinder their sales.
Other news was the announcement of 5 new vehicles coming in 2015 so interesting times at Team Durango.
Team Durango – Re-Focus & Exciting Future Plans
It’s the time of year where we review the season and plan for the future, so we would like to share with you our strategy for 2015 and beyond.
2015 will be a massive year for Team Durango; we have several important and exciting product launches on the way. So it’s more important than ever to make sure we support our racers and our fans.
The race scene is changing and that requires a change of strategy to best meet the needs of our hugely valued customers.
Local racers are getting more sophisticated, more knowledgeable, local racing is getting tougher, the thirst for knowledge at this level has never been higher; social media and information sharing between our customers is now the norm. At the same time the big national and international events are often becoming less relevant to our customers. We all love to watch the Pros battle it out at the big events, but do these one off races help us make a good product for you? Upon reflection we don’t think so; testing, analysis and hard work do.
With the World Championships behind us, the new season and exciting product ahead, it’s time for Team Durango to re-focus on product development and helping you win at your local track, rather than having paid Pro racers competing for national and International titles.
The following plans will take us all into an exciting future.
- We will re-focus on local club racing; we will help you be part of a supportive Team Durango community. This will mean over the next few months we dissolve our Pro race team and replace it with a new race team program that helps support local racing.
- We will ccontinue to improve our parts support over the coming months to allow you to get everything you need, exactly when you need it
- We will increase our community support through social media and public RC forums to give you access to everything you need, to get the very most from Team Durango products.
- We will increase the opportunities for you to stay connected with other Team Durango racers, sharing your experiences and learning new skills from like-minded racers. We will overhaul our local team driver program; expect more news on this soon.
- We will release 5 all-new Team Durango cars over the coming months, including our exciting and innovative Patent Pending 1/8 Electric and Nitro Buggy platforms. These exciting vehicles further cement our commitment to a solid future of racing and development for Team Durango.
- We will stay committed to creating high-quality, cutting-edge, RC racing products, which always look cool and are always hot on the track.
- We will continue to develop all of our cars via ongoing testing and user feedback, as we have always done, but more so. We will maintain a strong line-up of precision racing machines that cater for the most popular RC disciplines.
Stay tuned for more news, the future for Team Durango is going to be more exciting than ever.
read the release for yourself at http://www.team-durango.com/blog/2014/11/03/racing-towards-the-future-with-you/