And by big, I mean Large Scale. Most news from Nurenburg I am doing by Manufacturer to bring the number of posts down, but I thought this deserved it’s own post.
HPI has taken another RC clas and brought it into the mainstream a little more. They first did it with the 1:5 Baja, and how the Baja is moving onto the road with the massive Baja 5R on Road car. The photos thus far show a mustang, and no under the hood photos, but the following features have been noted.
- Replica 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302 bodyshell
- New on-road 4mm thick aluminum monococque chassis
- On-road suspension geometry with low ride height
- Extremely durable suspension derived from Baja 5B buggy
- On-road foam front bumper
- Vintage 8-spoke beadlock wheels with Tarmac Buster tires
- 23cc engine with super-durable Baja 5B drivetrain
- SFL-11MG steering servo
- Enclosed radio box with battery charging jack
- New TF-45 2.4 GHz radio system
We will post details when they become available, and I do hope they do an electric version personally, but I think this will certainly bring large scale on road into the spotlight a little more than it already was.