Yes, I already posted this on facebook, but it needed a blog post all of it’s own. I have to say that this and a HPI Mini Trophy have fast moved to the top of my “RC cars I want” over a SCX10 of late (ok, the Tomohawk went straight to the top this morning).
So the details, well it’s awesome, although I suppose that doesn’t count as a feature. The design is a little different from the original, but those improvements have all been a good thing. From what I can find the original was released in 1985 and was developed from the recently re released scorpion, this year marks 30 years since it’s release. The changes include:
- A unique battery mount to allow a full size stick pack to be mounted side-to-side instead of the original hump packs
- Ability to fit a shorty lipo lengthways in the chassis
- improved servo mount
- gearbox housing is now a two-piece design made of die-cast aluminum
- A gear differential wiht optional ball diff (original had no differential)
- slipper clutch to cope wth modern bushless systems
- 48 pitch gears
- soft compound tyres with foam inserts
- arms, chassis plates, and the rails of the main chassis feature full 6061T6 aluminum construction
- Countersunk hex-head machine screws are used throughout
- bright red anodized aluminum shocks are slightly larger in diameter than the original shocks, and they feature polished stainless shafts for much smoother, more durable shocks
- a slight increase in suspension width for stability
- Expected Release Date: June 2015
To Dawn Trading and Hobbies Australia (the Australian Kyosho Distributors), I am happy to get down on my knees and beg you to send me one of these to review, pretty please with a cherry on top?