Not a review from me, but from the folks over at Short Course World. Ironically it is a RC10T that I have my hands on the moment to do some repairs on.
Interested in the B5M Lightweight? Have a look at this thorough review to see what it’s all about!
Edition number 228 is out now, and these are some of the articles you will find this edition.
– News on the latest releases including off road terrain tamers from Thunder Tiger and tanks from Kyosho.
– The testbench looks at the Fusion X X7 engine
– Rc History looks at the thrill of the chase in finding parts for vintage rc cars
– Living the Dream interviews Dave ‘Heavy’ Guyatt
– The HPI Baja Q32 is reviewed Asia the Team Associated RC8B3
– Tech Talk looks at the new Kashmir Shocks From Associated/Fox
– Of course there is also all the latest events and race reviews from around Australia.
Yes, following on from the new RC8B3, is the electric version which, unsurprisingly retains the majority of the same components as it’s nitro brother.
To recite the official breakdown;
RC8B3e Team Kit #80916 Features:
- 7075-T6 hard anodized aluminum chassis features an optimized weight bias layout for improved handling and stability
- Front suspension features pillow ball uprights for increased adjustability and improved durability
- Lightweight ring gears and optimized precision ball bearing sizing reduces drivetrain rotational mass for improved acceleration and battery efficiency
- Gearboxes feature a 3.38:1 internal gear ratio with fast-access differentials for quick removal, tuning, and maintenance
- Six universal drive shafts for efficient drivetrain power delivery and ease of maintenance
- 7075-T6 aluminum 16mm Big Bore threaded shocks with TiN coated 3.5mm shafts, larger diameter precision springs, and optimized bladders for more precise volume compensation
- 7075-T6 aluminum shock towers front and rear feature finely tuned shock mounting and upper arm positions
- Refined suspension geometry with lower hinge pin inserts for quick and easy roll center adjustments
- Lightweight one-piece wing mounts feature height and forward positioning adjustment for more precise handling
- Two-piece sliding motor mount for easy gear mesh adjustment and motor removal
- Pro-Line RC8B3e clear body and Team Associated molded wing included
- The RC8B3e shares over 90% parts compatibility with the RC8B3 nitro buggy, offering the perfect solution for multi-class racers
To be honest, it looks like a solid kit, and i am sure they will probe popular with racers everywhere!
Ok, yeah, been a bit slack of late, I have been busy in my defence!
So Losi have released some new vehicles, both interesting for their own reasons.
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT1
This beast is massive, somewhat akin to the Traxxas X01. This big 1:6 vehicle boasts some impressive tech on what appears to be a new platform. Details are at http://www.losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOS05003
4wd Mini Desert Truck
This 1:14 dakar truck tickles my fancy personally as I love rally cars and dakar trucks. To quote losi:
Kick up dirt, sand and everything in-between with the Losi® Mini Desert Truck. This impressive 1/14-Scale Desert Truck takes one of the most recognizable brands in RC back to the desert with a truck that’s evocative of the annual Dakar Rally. This highly capable desert truck can handle nearly anything thrown its way with a powerful 4500Kv brushless motor and an uncompromising 4WD drivetrain. When you truly want to demolish your competition, the Losi Mini Desert Truck makes it easy to push the speed envelope with the ability to take a 2S LiPo battery. This unbeatable truck also comes with a podium ready pedigree thanks to a design geometry based on the Mini 8IGHT™ platform.
Basically it looks good and goes well, check out all the details at lost here http://www.losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOS01007
Ok, so i am a bit late here, but better late than never i think.
I enjoyed this edition with a great variety or articles which included:
- The latest rc news and releases
- A testbench review of the Highest DT2100 servo
- A testbench rebiew of the Hitec Telemetry fitted to tne Lynx 4S radio
- Scott McBride looks at the Proline tyre range for 1/8 off road racing
- James Whitbourn takes part in tbe Castle Hill Vintage Enduro
- My favourite article was simplt titled Social Bashers, looking at a range of great bashing vehicles on the market
- Ray Munday looks at 1:10 off road tyre choice
- And of course all of the latest race reviews and results