Reading this blog you may thing i’m just all about cars, but that’s far from the truth. I fly quads a bit as well and I would love an aircraft to fly, but time and space are against me. However if I had the space this ripper with it’s 1300mm wingspan, it is exactly what I would buy!!
Despite the name, this aircraft is not made of carbon fibre, rather it is a reproduction of the modernised version of the Piper Cub, called the Carbon Cub. Hobbyzone do have a more basic version called the Super Cub S but this carbon cub is only a little more expensive, with a shed load more features on this new version of the aircraft!
- Exclusive SAFE® Plus GPS-Enabled Drone Technology
- AutoLand, Holding Pattern and Virtual Fence functions
- Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes
- Spektrum™ DXe 2.4GHz Transmitter
- Spektrum™ DSMX® Receiver/Flight Controller
- E-flite® 1300mAh 3S 11.1V 20C LiPo Battery
- E-flite® DC Charger and AC Adapter
- Durable EPO airframe with fully painted scale trim scheme
- Oversized tundra tires for flying from smooth or rough surfaces
- Optional flaps for shorter takeoffs and landings (requires a 7+ channel programmable transmitter)
- Optional floats for flying from water (HBZ7390, sold separately)
The tunra tyres are an excellent idea for a learner as is the SAFE zone features including a virtual fence to stop fly aways, auto land and three different flight modes to keep a beginner safe, or allow an advanced pilot the leeway that he needs. The SAFE technology allows for not only the virtual fence, but also a holding pattern, auto land, and my personal favourite, panic recovery which brings the aircraft back to flat and level flight. Just like the real aircraft there are even optional floats! This plane has definitely shot straight to the top of my Christmas wish list!
For more details visit Modelflight via this link and order yours for delivery as soon as they arrive! https://www.modelflight.com.au/hobbyzone-carbon-cub-s-rc-plane-1-3m-rtf-mode-2.html